Digitisation across industries, frequent upgrading of electronics and quick shareability of media has made data security more sensitive and vulnerable. There’s always a chance of a company’s electronic equipment containing:
- Confidential Data
- Personal Information
- Financial Records
- Employee Records
- Copyrighted Information.
Brand Value Risk Management
Brand value is built over several years of trust and relationship with consumers. Data collected
over several engagement programs and at various points in the journey of developing an affinity
to its loyal customers become a critical aspect of any business. However, the same data is
exposed to high risk in the technology-driven, data-rich world. Signifying the importance of
data security and management of brand value, avoiding any data breach.
Data breach can be an expensive affair and have far-reaching effects and can affect an entity’s operations, compliance, finances and credibility. A data breach due to negligence can cause the targeted organisation about $128 per compromised record. While there can be several loopholes at various levels of data being used at company and third-party levels, but when it comes to choosing an e-waste recycler a company must go for the best and most reliable name in the industry.
Attero understands the value of information and data security, hence offers full-proof and top-of-the-line data sanitisation & data destruction services of the unwanted and obsolete electronic equipment and related waste. So, whether it is hardware or software, data destruction is carried out depending on the media and recycling contractual obligations under the following process:
- Data Wiping : Using globally acclaimed erasure software from Blancco and Tabernus, we also use our in-house software, developed in detail by our team of data experts ensuring that data is overwritten and is irrecoverable from the device and the system. It is a cost-effective solution for the company to get rid of undesired data without investing or spending on additional electronics and their parts.
- Degaussing : It is the process of erasing data from magnetic media such as hard disks, floppy disks, magnetic tapes or cassettes by reversing the magnetic field. In this process, the data on the magnetic media gets scrambled using degaussing machines, i.e. demagnetized, making it no longer reusable.
- Physical Destruction : To further make any information unreadable, total physical destruction of the electronic media is carried out by puncturing and drilling the hard drive, ensuring that data from it is completely irrecoverable.
Having gone through the above procedures of data sanitisation and destruction, can the
decommissioned asset be sent further for diagnostics and testing, followed by disposal through
Guaranteeing your data is safely dealt with, Attero extends not just 360-degree disposal of electronic data and assets, but also offers total transparency regarding our process. With our enhanced services you can track the destruction of their assets at various stages, right from pick up of their electronic to the final disposal of the equipment. At the end of the process, we provide you with a Certificate of Destruction that provides valid proof of legislative compliance, protection and unsurpassed services offered, so your confidential data remains confidential.
Adherence to Global Standards
Our stringent data sanitisation procedures are in strict compliance with various internationally accepted data destruction standards. When you partner with us for your data security, you stay assured of the safety of both your equipment and data confidentiality.
- DoD Sanitized/US DoD NISPOM : US Department of Defense National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, also known as DoD 5220.22-M.
- NIST 800-88 : National Institute of Standards & Technology 800-88, guidelines for media sanitization.
- CSEC ITSG-06 : Communications Security Establishment Canada, IT Security Guidance 06 - on clearing and declassifying electronic data storage devices.
- HMG IS5 : British HMG Infosec Standard 5
- DSD ISM : Defence Signals Directorate Information Security Manual on risk-managed protection of information and systems as per the Australian Government.
The Attero Patronage
Our constants - who’ve trusted and invested in our vision to revolutionize how waste is recycled for a sustainable future.View More